Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May Flowers



Of course the day I planned on having the kids do some planting it had to be raining. So accepting the fact that it might get a little messy, we had to do it inside. I found a great idea to use toilet paper rolls to start our seeds from Juggling with Kids.



I cut a toilet paper roll in half. Then cut four slits in one end folding each piece in. The great thing about these is you can plant them right in the ground because the TP roll is biodegradable. 



The children each added soil and a seed.




Now we will water them and watch them grow.


Another project we did was with paper muffin cups and green construction paper. I let the children have their own glue so they could create the flowers all on their own.




I found this idea on Pinterest. Simply using a soda bottle as a stamper. It makes cute flowers. Below are the books we read this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment