Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Canceling the Pity Party

I will be the first to preach about life being what you make of it. My parents taught me that attitude is everything. Life is full of challenges, and I firmly believe that every tough situation that crosses your path is a test. What will you take from it? It's not about how many times (or how hard) you get knocked down it is about getting back up and what you do when you get back up. Having said that, for us as humans, it is natural to fall into whatever negative karma we may have around us. The reality is that if we lived a life without anything negative we would never be able to truly appreciate the positive but sometimes we can easily get lost in our self pity. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to things like this.

As I have said this before, this time of year can be tough for me with my husband working so much. A carry a lot of weight on my shoulders and as a mom, wife, and homemaker my job is never done. So, needless to say these days that I find myself mostly on my own keeping everything in order I often end up having quite the pity part for myself. I'm not going to lie it is not easy to be responsible for keeping your household operating, having a two year old stuck to your hip 24/7 and running a day care business, but I love my life! I just get a little overwhelmed sometimes when I feel isolated and I'm stuck in the house because of weather and the full moon is around the corner. The full moon has always affected my mood and sleep. So I am making it my mission to make it through this summer not just with a positive attitude but the promise to myself that I will do whatever it takes to truly enjoy this time. If life is starting to swallow me up I need to climb my way back out into the sun light! This past Monday after having had a long week and weekend, my list of chores hanging on my fridge were just not what my day was meant for, so I did what absolutely needed to be done and got Maggie and I out out of the house and into the sunlight...literally. I knew the next few days were going to be rainy so there was no way I was going to waste a beautiful one inside cleaning.

Maggie and I headed down to the waterfront to go for a walk and of course to visit Daddy on the boat. As we headed back to the car Maggie spotted her favorite castle.


This is actually the church Jonny and I were married in. Maggie loves to watch our wedding video and now recognizes the church when we drive by. She will say "Mommy look the castle...mommy and daddy got married". When I try to tell her that it is a church that we were married in she promptly corrects me "No mommy a castle".


Maggie and her castle


Here's to not sweating the small stuff and waking up to smell the roses every day!
There is no denying I am very blessed.






No comments:

Post a Comment