Friday, April 6, 2012

Just Like Home Family Child Care

In 2011 I went through the process of becoming licensed as a Family Child Care Provider. In January of 2012 I officially opened as Just Like Home Child Care. It was a very slow start but luckily has picked up in the last month. As scary as it has been to venture out on my own with an uncertain financial future I am so happy that I did it and I have made a promise to stick with it (even when funds can be a little low). I have spoke with a few other providers in my area who are all fully enrolled and encourage me to be patient. Family child care is a word of mouth business and it takes time to get established. I am loving every minute of being home but still feeling like I'm doing something worthwhile. I am looking forward to a having a lot of fun over the next several years! Here is some information about my program;
Just Like Home offers care Monday-Friday from 7:30-5:30. I provide lunch as well as morning and afternoon snack. Our days are routine and we follow a weekly themed curriculum with lots of fun activities. My philosophy is that children learn through play and every day experiences, and the most important things a child can learn are how to embrace the world around them, how to interact with other children, and how to maintain confidence and a sense of self worth.  I love the look on a child's face when they have figured something out or mastered a skill. Their excitement and pure joy for the simple things remind me everyday what life is truly all about. Now having a child of my own reinforces to me how important and special those first several years of their life are, and I am lucky to be a part of it.


I use my living room and kitchen as my child care space but We plan on finishing our down stairs, hopefully soon, so we can create more of  a classroom environment.


                                  
               Buckman Park is a brand new playground right on our street.We our so lucky to have a such a great place like this just steps from our front door!

                                          
                                  
 I can't wait to have picnics with the kids here this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment