Friday, April 20, 2012

Aunt Annie's Childcare: Happiness, pleasure and the joy of being broke


I read this post on a blog that I have been following and I had to share it. She talks about the difference between "happiness" and "pleasure". So often you see parents try to make there children happy with material things which provides "pleasure" or what I call "instant gratification" instead of true happiness. I think society needs a little reality check these days as to what being truly happy is all about. It has nothing to do with your possessions instead your relationships. Instead of giving your child something, give them your time. Spending time on the floor playing with them is far more valuable than a toy that can be purchased in the store. Often when Maggie and I are doing our routine things like bath time, reading a book, or going for a walk she will look at me and say "I so happy mommy". It melts my heart and I hope I can continue to raise her with a simple love for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment