Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Amelia 13 Months Old

Watching Amelia these days I remember how much I love this age. I remember feeling this way when Maggie was little too. I think that year between 1 and 2 is my favorite. Walking, starting to talk, independent, good sleep patterns, eating table food, and so on. They are changing and learning so fast in this short time it is amazing to watch them take in the world around them. So interactive but still a baby, easy to hold, snuggle, and of course still having those fat cheeks that I so love to kiss. It has been such a different experience this time around with Amelia. Not only does she have her big sister to learn from and interact with but she also has a house full of other children to influence her growth and development. It has been so fun to watch her pick up on certain things from watching the other kids. For example, when I tell everyone it's snack time she goes running to the kitchen with her hands in the air hootin' and hollerin' like everyone else. I always told everyone from the very beginning that she was going to be the child that I would find climbing on my kitchen table and counter tops and...


I was right!
It has been a challenge to keep her from climbing the walls and she are determined but she are also smart and is starting to learn her limits. Now when she climb one of these little chairs she know how to turn yourself around and sit the right way.


 But still anything she can climb on, she will!


I love this beautiful face.

She copies everything her big sister does...

  
And she thinks it's pretty hilarious. We are trying to use this opportunity to teach Maggie how to set a good example for Amelia and to teach her the right things to do...like I said, we are working on it. The two of them get along really well. The only time we see any trouble is when Amelia is messing with anything that Maggie is playing with.


This face is a new one and it completely cracks us up!


  
She loves playing with her Daddy!


She is more of a cuddle bug than her sister ever was. Every time she snuggles with me or is giving me kisses I think to myself, hold on to these moments because they are going to be gone so fast.

Playing outside this summer is going to be a whole new world for her and I can't wait to watch 
her explore it!


It still blows me away how different my girls are with looks and personality. I look forward to watching what the dynamic is like between the two of them as they grow up.




No comments:

Post a Comment